Friday 23 March 2012

Too Sunny for Migrants!

23rd March - a glorious day, but no sign of any summer migrants.

A Redshank was new in on the spit and a Little Egret was in the eastern paddock before flying to a bush in the bay near the workings.

I was pleased to see the nasal saddled female Tufted Duck again on the north eastern side.  It was still tricky to read the code as I was looking into the sun, but at least it wasn't asleep this time!  Eventually it came close enough to confirm that it is the same female that was present last October, BFK.  I have sent off the details and await with interest whether it has been reported between my October sighting and now.  I am pretty sure it has not wintered here, as I think the saddle is obvious enough for it to have been seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment