Monday 3 June 2013

Spring drawing to a close

A combination of half-term and being away has kept me from the patch for a while.  The highlights since my last post that I have failed to write-up have been few, but here they are:

May 22nd - a quick pre-work visit as waders were on the move in the area produced just a single summer-plumaged Dunlin

May 28th - more waders on the move today on a day that started off wet, but then cleared.  I stood under a brolly for an hour in the morning watching 3 Ringed Plovers and a single LRP.  Plenty of low flying hirundines, particularly House Martins and I spent a while hoping to pick up an orange rump, but to no avail.  In the evening, a text from Alan S during dinner informed me of a flock of 5 Sanderling.  I made my way down an hour later to find that they had flown off.  The Ringed Plover had also departed some time prior to Alan's arrival.

And I haven't been down since......

No comments:

Post a Comment