Tuesday 2 July 2013

First year tick in 4 weeks

July 2nd - I paid another visit this afternoon just before school pick-up.  There was a little spotting of rain, but not much.  Birds were pretty much as I'd seen this morning, with Green Sand still present, though I couldn't see the juv LRP, but it might still be there.

At 14:35, I looked up and spied a large wader flying fairly high up northwards.  Through bins it was obviously a Curlew - my first of the year.  I soon lost it behind trees, as I was on the viewpoint, but shortly later I heard it calling to the north of the pit, so it presumably went straight through.  My 18th wader species of the year and I should get Black-tailed Godwit, Greenshank and Golden Plover to add to this, plus maybe something a bit more unusual.....

No comments:

Post a Comment